2018 Nutrition Challenge
January 8-February 16
(Pictures, measurements, and cash due BEFORE Jan 8) (Post measurements must be done BEFORE Feb 17th)
-Body Fat % (US Navy Formula Calculator)
ladies-measure height, weight, waist at narrowest, hips at widest, neck at narrowest
men-measure height , weight, waist at bellybutton, and neck
-Before and After Pictures (Front, back, side in spandex short/sports bra for ladies)
-$20 buy in (cash only)
-Male and female winner will split the pot
-Winners determined by coaches, through combination of bodyfat % change and before and after pictures. (No crazy team point system this time LOL)
Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, no sugar, and no processed foods. Eat your prescribed number of meals each and every day. No extra snacking!
For this challenge, eat real food, in your prescribed amounts! Nothing that comes in a package or was processed in a factory to imitate real food. For anything in a grey area, see the list below.
For guys under 15% BF and Girls under 22% BF – we will add some post workout nutrition, as well as some dense carb sources. (Your coach will talk to you when you have your measurements done, if you fall into this category.)
Below 165 lbs – eat 3 meals per day
Above 165 lbs – eat 4 meals per day
Each meal will look exactly like the tray in the picture above. (Fist size protein, fist size approved carbohydrate, unlimited veggies, and thumb size fat.)
· All Sweeteners… honey, agave nectar, stevia, coconut sugar
· Cheese and yogurts
· Corn and corn products
· Unnaturally processed condiments, dressings, sauces, marinades, or spices (read the labels)
· Dried Fruit
· White Potato, Rice, Quinoa
· Legumes (Peanuts, Beans, Soy, Chick Peas)
· Canola, vegetable, soybean, grapeseed oils
· All protein bars. Quest Bars, Paleo Cookies, Lara Bars. (essentially paleo treats)
· Deli Meats (as long as there isn’t sugar added. Boars head is usually a good brand)
· Bacon (check for added sugar)
· Sweet Potato (NOT restaurant sweet potato fries)
· Balsamic Vinegar (“Vinaigrettes” commonly have added sugars). Look into “Tessamae’s” dressings and always check your labels!
· Coconut, olive, avocado, and nut oils
· Unsweetened coconut milk and almond milk
· Unsweetened coffee creamer (whole milk, half and half) This is only for your coffee! No crazy starbucks unicorn lattes! Black coffee + cream. That's it!
· Grass-Fed butter, Ghee, Nutritional Yeast, Baking Soda/Powder, Salt
· Coffee and Tea (unsweetened), Seltzer Water
· Chicken and Beef broth/stock
· Mustards and Hot Sauces made with natural ingredients (check labels for sugars, unhealthy oils. Most sauces have canola oil which we want to avoid.)
As we near the beginning of the nutrition challenge we will be posting a few more blogs about how to meal prep and quick tips to help make this challenge successful for everyone involved. Of course if you have any questions please ask a coach or email us and we will take care of you. Get signed up ASAP and stay tuned for more.